Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - You were... / BALLAD information thread [V]
View Single Post
Old 19th November 2009, 06:14 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
the fact that ayu has a theme/image song for a disney movie might result in it being sold at disney land as well

and honestly, i think a lot of people here want ayu to get number 2 and that's why people are so upset. i've never heard so much complaining over a single's release date change. who cares? the world isn't ending. she's preserving a streak that in the current japanese music market is REDICULOUSLY difficult to achieve. OH NO, the horror of preserving that! she's also the first person to ever change a single's release date--oh wait...no she isn't.

She's the only Japanese singer that has even a CHANCE of beating Matsuda Seiko, and people have known that for awhile. I could care less about some competition to "prove" ayu is good. and tbh, competetion between ayu and a male singer isn't competition anyway, they're not even the same gender--based on the current cd buying audience, males tend to always "win". real competition for ayu is amuro, koda and hikki, who have very similar listeners.
I love you *-*;.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
That's what more people should have been saying when Fukuyama announced his single for Dec. 16th. That getting number 2 would not be the end of the world. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd rather lose the streak with dignity. And anyways, it was not set in stone that she would lose either. But whatever. It seems all many people care about is having a record to brag about, no matter how its achieved.

I wish no artist would avoid any release dates. I want it to be a war every week.
You act like she's been doing this her entire career. There have been plenty of times she's gone up against competition and she won some and she lost some. Just because AVEX is being cautions because she's so close to beating the record doesn't mean her streak has no validity. I'm sure Seiko isn't completely innocent of moving a few dates around either. And even if she didn't, she was in a completely different era. I understand you have the right to feel disappointed but I think you're being a little harsh.