Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] Ayu to cover "One Night Carnival" for Kishidan's tribute album "All Night Carnival"
View Single Post
Old 27th January 2022, 11:04 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Here is an auto-translation of a letter from Kishidan's frontman about the cover album. This seems really sweet and I'm so happy that the band can be acknowledged like this! I can't wait to hear Ayu's studio version

Quote:
I wrote "One Night Carnival" in 1999.

I remember when that melody suddenly came to me on a street corner at the end of the 20th century. I brought it to the studio and discussed the arrangement with the members, but I didn't get a good response.

I remember everyone feeling reluctant when I played the melody in the studio and wanted to talk about the arrangement with the band members, because up to that point Kishidan was an instrumental band. The members had a hard time with the idea of "making a song" in and of itself, regardless if the song was good or not. Still, for some reason, I had some kind of conviction that this song would definitely be great, and I used all my words and all my persuasive tricks to convince them, and somehow we managed to complete it and started to perform it live. To my surprise... or rather, as I had the secret hope would happen, the situation around us started to change in the blink of an eye after we started playing this song together.

After that, an indie version of the song was released in 2001, and the following year, a major version was released by Toshiba EMI, and the song became Kishidan's signature song in both name and reality.

It's been 20 years since then (in the style of Brother Kimimaro...)

I thought I'd polished it to a shine by myself, but as it turns out, the group did that together, and now thanks to you and all of your support, it's still shining brightly. I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere gratitude to all my friends who continue to listen, sing, and dance to this song. I would like to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt gratitude and love to all of you.

That being said...isn't this "All Night Carnival" album too good to be true? I'm proud that I can say I had a brief glimpse of intuition on the level of Nostradamus (lol), but I could never have imagined a future where this song would be covered by such an incredible group of musicians and artists. I'm so happy that I'm crying. This is the greatest gift in my life. I'm so happy I'm in Kishidan. I love you all.

Sho Ayanokoji