Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Britney Spears] The 5th Thread - 'Britney Jean' Era
View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-baptiste View Post
I took your advice and read the rest of it, and I now see a lot of the points you make are valid in this context. (My bad for not reading all of it.) It actually also says exactly what I did about Eminem. Race issues and gender issues are two very messy and serious topics, so when the two come into play at the same time lines tend to get blurred or one issue takes precedence over the other.
Yes, it's really difficult. And I agree about Eminem. I think the only reason he got away with it was that he always played the same sexist and homophobe game like all of his other male collegues. He never was racist so black men weren't that offended since he actually got talent. But Iggy was also racist towards black men and I think that's the difference. Men were offended too. We can see things like that also by reference to the "say her name" and "black womens lifes matter" protests black women were initiating. Even their own community only cares about male lifes and racism towards males. Iggy is a "victim" of positive sexism since even black male rappers know that it's easy to make money of a sexualized white woman and therefore she was able to get big. But black women have it more than twice as hard as her in the industry, because they are women no one thinks they got talent, and because they are black no one wants to invest money in their careers since they won't sell the same way like white women most of the time.