Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A (inc. CDL 2018-2019) ~II~
View Single Post
Old 5th January 2019, 10:31 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dandy_ View Post
She was wearing a black outfit underneath W's white shirt and skirt, so it's not like that turned into some sort of braless wet t-shirt thing you might expect from..."other singers". And as far as I can tell, the "underwear" you describe her flashing is still part of that black outfit as well (she just took off the skirt for 1 Love).
Well if you want to be technical then sure.
But that doesn't really change anything for me. I don't know if perhaps Ayu was making a commentary on how women are sexualized or if she was trying to be humorous or trying to "enjoy herself". But it didn't click with me. I don't find it offensive or upsetting but I was sitting there while watching like:.
It looks like the majority of people really enjoyed the show and the only complaint was the vocals. Ayu has had much worse reviews so it seems unnecessary to argue over her voice. It's the same talking points every time. I personally have just accepted that Ayu's vocal performance on any given day simply is what it is. Sometimes it is not enjoyable and other times it can be good. I don't think her voice will return to the way it was.
Hopefully Ayu will give touring a rest after this tour is over and release a full length album later this year.