Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3
View Single Post
Old 10th March 2019, 07:40 AM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedronekoi View Post
What bothers me about her "design team" is the lack of good taste. Everything looks very poorly made. It's not even minimal/simple design is just lame af. When we compare her visual identity to Namie's or Kumi's it looks so damn amateur. Namie's creative team was such amazing for the last years and Kumi have been doing pretty good lately too. So it bothers me, as a graphic designer and fan, that Ayu's designs are so bad.
Couldn't agree anymore. In fact her visual identity was not that bad before 2016. Back in the days during NEXT LEVEL and Rock'n'Roll Circus Tour, there was a awesome logo, glamorous goods and most important a consistent tour visual. However starting from CDL 16-17 the live visual became extremely unorganised and the goods design did look amateur. In JTB tour they even used 5 different typefaces for the goods and tour logo, feels like they didn't design a standardised tour visual. For the goods design, the towel and the take out bag of POM2018 is beyond ugly. And we got those lazy designed goods in TROUBLE TOUR, which most of them are just replicas from DOME TOUR 2001.
Like what you said Namie and Kumi have been doing way better than ayu's design. Imo not only the visual design, for the attitude on working in music Kumi is still much more energetic than ayu. In the past two years Kumi released 4 full length albums and she had many new ideas in performing songs in her past two tours. On the other hand ayu toured a lot as well but she has just released a so-called album with only 5 songs, and recycled stuffs a lot in her tour. I really hope the past ayu which is keep moving forward and having new ideas every year could come back, just like the introduction they wrote for this POWER of A^3 live.