Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] Tokyo Rainbow Pride 2018 Special Live
View Single Post
Old 11th June 2018, 05:13 AM
Over Initiate

I managed to get a ticket and see her from the inside. I was close enough to see her makeup. Was not expecting the entrance she made, which was extra, and I am loving everyone's reactions to it Also, yes, the dust was insane. I wore my TRP towel over my face like it was Burning Man.

I started crying during her speech when she talked about going to Ni-chome to find herself at a time when she was lost, and as she drew strength from the bar mothers there, I realized I was listening to her music in the U.S. as a teenager struggling with my sexuality and drawing strength from her lyrics. It was then that I realized that I was receiving strength from the LGBT community in Japan at a time when I felt lost, through Ayu, and it was as if a circle I that never imagined could exist had become complete in that moment.

Needless to say, I cried the rest of the way through her set. She looked at me bawling my eyes out during BLUE BIRD and quickly glanced away with this look on her face like, "Nope, nope, nope, not gonna cry again!" and Timmy gave me a look, like, "I feel you, boo." I was for sure ugly crying. Even during Boys & Girls. Total. Mess. I loved it.