Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A (inc. CDL 2018-2019) ~II~
View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2019, 04:58 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Yeah, deaf or not she went off-key, my point is just that this is a issue she most likely will never be able to fix, not because she is untalented or lazy or doesn't care or is just milking her fans, but because she actually has a physical condition that limits her possibilities of solving that issue. And she is clearly aware of that.

In a way it's like complaining tha an amazing dancer during their 20's doesn't dance as much or as good in their 50's, 60', or even in their 40's. There will be physicial limitations that really can't be solved and either they give up on
dancing or deal with realistic possibilities.

Ayu can only do as much concerning how far she can go to work around her deafness, and it's not really something that can be solved by simply having a vocal coach. Her main issue isn't fixable.
Her tour schedule is not even that much, in the sense that it probably doesn't have as much fault on her hoarse voice as people make it seens... Maybe for a japanese artist considering how small the country is, but during a busy month she is performing 3x a week tops and there are older artists with busier tour schedules out there.
I don’t disagree. However it may be possible to work within her limits, such as lowering the key or changing melodic notes so she’s not reaching for the high ones. She sounded fine when not straining to reach the high notes. There are things she can do (which I believe she IS doing) to try to make it easier on herself and her voice.

In regards to tour schedule, it’s true that she’s only performing a few times a week. But in between shows she (at least in the past) reviews the footage and then uses that as basis for improving the next show, which means more rehearsals. I don’t know if she’s still doing that, but she still could be singing every day. Plus all the sound checks. So it’s definitely possible she’s running her voice to the point of hoarseness. But there could be other factors. At the end of the day, I’m thankful that she’s still doing shows. The hoarseness didn’t bother me so much this time, it was more the off key notes (which were expected but sound unpleasant nonetheless), which she may be able to work around by lowering, since she was good when not reaching for them.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 2nd January 2019 at 05:27 PM.