Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - 14th album 'LOVE again' out February 8th, 4th of five 15th anniversary releases [V]
View Single Post
Old 16th January 2013, 01:45 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Not wanting be a *****, but being one anyways... Most of the time you praise/complain about a song over here on the forum you just say this or that part is "epic", "fierce", "has/nt sparkle", "has/nt something", "well done" or any other generic empty subjetive comment. The comment is not any less flat if you still use subjective impressions to judge parts as the people you are citing use to judge the whole.
Didn't know I made others so angry, lol.

Sometimes I just get lazy when I go into a rant and partially through the post on praising or negatively speaking about something I will use general terms because I then realize it's a lost cause anyway. At least I try to break it down and single out certain sections. I use the term "fierce"-ness to describe those power-house tracks that Ayu gives attitude in. I don't use this term in my daily life, only when referring to those tracks by Ayu which make you feel like she's really kicking her foot down your throat, holding nothing back, and you're loving every minute of it. Those rare occurrences where I feel her foot is so far down your throat or up your ass that she honestly has left nothing on the table. I miss those songs, as those songs are my utmost favorite. It's what makes listening to Ayu different than anyone else I listen to. Songs like "my name's WOMEN" with that whammy! of a synthesizer; songs like 1LOVE which blends attitude, guitar, and detail all into an angry somewhat stripper-esque butt-kick atmostphere; songs like talkin' 2 myself, is this LOVE?, GAME and Microphone, where Ayu transforms into the most badass B-I-T-C-H you've ever encountered is where her chameleon-like qualities really OUTSHINE the rest.

Forgive me for speaking in general terms, but no matter what I say and regardless of what kind of language I use to express my like or dislike for something - it's usually seen as over-critical and biasedly opinionated anyhow.

Last edited by Zeke.; 16th January 2013 at 01:48 AM.