Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - New album 'Love songs' & Ayu-produced single 'Dream ON' 12/22 [IX]
View Single Post
Old 20th December 2010, 06:36 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumieregrl View Post
I did choose FedEx at first...but then I saw something about possibly paying customs with FedEx so I panicked and switched to EMS. x_x I don't know if it even applied within the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma Matsuri View Post
@lumieregirl: lol, don't worry as far as I know, there's no such thing as custom taxes here. No matter where I've ordered from in the world with whatever method, I've never had to pay customs.
Again, I live in Canada so I dun really know if the US Fedex does the same thing. But I was one of the victims. I got a headphone (hikki's HS pv one) delivered by Fedex. A month after I received a letter saying that I owed them $20 (according to my memory) because they paid for my custom while shipping. Later on I learned (from another AHS member) that a custom handling fee was included in the payment. So probly if I used normal mail (e.g., EMS), I would probly only need to pay for $10 for the custom, but now I had to pay extra because Fedex "helped" me to pay the custom in the beginning.

And I was cleaning my room last nite, and found out that the actual payment was $30. I dun believe that a $80 headphone would cost me that much for tax and duty.