Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.03.12
View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2021, 07:40 PM

I don't know, this release could be hit or miss. I mean, there are several reason why the original A BALLADS is so greatly loved by her fans:
- Out of the 12 previously released tracks on the tracklist, 7 got new arrangements, A Song for xx even got a live demo makeover with new vocals.
- The thought that Ayu put into the new arrangements combined with the lesser known songs like Key and Dolls, which are nonetheless great tracks, gave the whole album less of a hit compilation feeling and added a nice personal touch to it
- The personal touch this album has was further emphasised by the whole project around RAINBOW and since the studio album everyone was really excited about how the final track would sound like. Also, it was a sweet way to connect with her fans
- The Matyutoya Yumi cover was also a very nice surprise and Ayu's version fits very nicely into the sound of A BALLADS

All in all, A BALLADS is not just a hit compillation, but kind of a work of its own. I never wanted a A BALLADS II, because I feel that there will be just two CDs with all of her balldas since then and it will turn out as just a compilation album. I really really hope she will do the original concept of A BALLADS justice and do the same here. Reworking the songs so that they fit her current feelings. But I'm not counting on that, especially since there are two CDs.