Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - LIMITED TA Special Xmas LIVE 2020
View Single Post
Old 15th November 2020, 03:44 PM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
^Days, you were..., Powder snow, to name a few, performed on recent tours are a joke to you? Lol But yes, I think she’ll perform a bunch of them if not all her winter songs on this concert. A dream if you ask me. Please beg for the DVD on TA or something.
As SunshineSlayer said, I was talking about classic Christmas songs and not Ayu's winter ballads. As it is the first time she chose this theme for one of her concerts, I was just wondering if she'll perform some classics aside her songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
Isn't CAROLS a Christmas song tho? It's literally called CAROLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
I don't know about Carols, nothing really hints Christmas in the lyrics... But i would say Winter Diary is christmas (Silent Night, Holy night...)
Weirdly, I never associated CAROLS to christmas because neither the lyrics nor the instrumentation remind me this celebration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Not really. Most of her winter songs have holiday elements like snow and stuff to them, but they aren't really Christmas songs. The only one that actually mentions Christmas is appears, and that's definitely not a Christmas song either. They are winter themed ballads, but not Christmas songs.
The arrangement (especially the bells) in Close to you reminds me Christmas.