Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - TROUBLE TOUR 2020 A ~サイゴノトラブル~ III
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2020, 12:28 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^Yeah, that makes a lot of sense... Postponing the recording would also cost a lot of money, but it curious all of them got sick dates recorded on DVD.
Yes. Lol I always found it curious how Namie and Ayu's tour arrangements kind of mimic each other, perhaps unintentionally or Avex trying to combine things to lower costs. Such as Namie and Ayu both having a tour that went from late 2003-early 2004, and having their 2008 concerts end up being filmed for dvd in Taiwan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuinh.k? View Post
Weird thing is that they film from 2 different dates and put different cuts onto the DVD (ex. My name's WOMEN from AT08, A song for xx/Mad World from AT18). It should not be that difficult to use the vocal recordings from 2 different recordings unless she's ad-libbing?
Do you mean match up the audio of a different day to video of the actual day or just using a different day's video of that performance? There are many problems matching video and audio, I'm sure they have done this for some of her dvds, but it could look like she was lip syncing when she actually wasn't. Unless the liner notes specify that it was filmed on a single specific day (such as power of A^3), it's usually a combination of the best performances from the tour. I could be wrong, but I think they only use footage from the same venue so the show looks cohesive, but they use footages of 2 or 3 days from that venue. If you film at multiple venues, people can tell if the arena looks different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
It's surprising to me that avex hasn't "learned their lesson" with ayu. You would think they would (properly) record all final dates, just to be safe. There have been many instances where she sounded fine on the first day but then she doesn't sound great on the following date(s). If they had started doing that, they could have just used for the first day of A^3, for example. They did a great job with the editing but you get it.
Theoretically, yes it would be a good idea to record everything just in case, but the recording crew usually uses people from tv networks such as wowow, tv Asahi or MON or other big professional recording companies to record. They're not always available and also it would be expensive to have the full professional film crews there for every show and not only just for one or two days at one venue.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 15th May 2020 at 12:40 AM.