Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood- II
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2019, 04:10 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
^ Thanks! It looks really good and shows what slight angle changes (love the view of the whole stage with W car in the middle) and proper editing can do. Looking forward to seeing the whole thing
As someone abroad who can't see those live broadcasts and have to rely on those who record and then post them...it got me thinking.

It's kinda sad that Ayu's label is not putting out those concerts for purchase on disc anymore--I currently own them all and would be more than happy to keep buying them. After I've finally caught up a few years ago with everything she had put out...I'm finding I still have this itch I have to scratch. In other words, Avex, please take my money.

If someone's willing to put up the money to edit these recordings for a one-time rebroadcast - why not put up the money to produce the discs? I can't honestly claim to know how they make the money back when they edit a concert for rebroadcasting back once. Is it even worth it? From my perspective this is where the costly hard work is - so that's already done. Is there really so little return for a physical package that it's not worth taking the final step and putting it on disc, producing a box, marketing and distributing it?

Maybe Avex wants quality rather than quantity and can no longer justify making the elaborate releases they used to have, or promote them as much. Surely they can still put *something* out at a lower cost. Just thinking out loud.