Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Asian music "what's on your mind" thread III
View Single Post
Old 17th January 2019, 11:51 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
This seriously needs to be pointed out - YouTube Music Premium, which just recently rolled out to Japan, is now causing 'geoblock' or 'paywall' issues on J-pop music videos, especially 'full versions' of it. This could be very serious in the long run, and this could affect not just Avex - but other labels around Japan, especially big ones like Sony or Universal...
You probably am the only 1 in the forum over worry about such things for nothing

Personally I don't see this as a big deal . Almost 10 years ago when Johnny & Associates start to roll out short PV versions of Johnnys PVs on music shows , that's 1 way of getting fans to buy their physical releases as up to now , Johnnys' material are not available for legal purchase or legal streaming , yet

Then subsequently other record labels do the same thing as well

And now with YouTube Music Premium , it's more or less the same thing . If you don't want to pay $ to watch whoever artistes' videos are uploaded online , then just buy the artiste's release , simple as that

Granted that Japan is the world's 2nd music market but USA is still the biggest overall

This basically means Sony Japan & Universal Japan stand to lose out a lot of $ in limiting their artistes' videos for viewing within Japan solely

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 17th January 2019 at 01:19 PM.