Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2015-2016 A ~II thread~
View Single Post
Old 1st January 2016, 03:38 PM
Don't look back Initiate

I think I can understand why she stopped singing UNITE! because the high notes were quite high to hit given her new lower register. I dont usually find issues with ayu's vocals but hmm..in GREEN, she was trying to be dramatic and grand-sounding, it compromised the idea of a softer, more oriental tone. In WARNING, I think she doesnt bother in the LALALA parts. She tends to just shout during the AHHHs and EEHHHs (like in some parts of Marionette, which is honestly pretty alright in the less dramatic parts). Or when there are big jumps in the notes, like during Summer diary's chorus.

She looks so beautiful in the opening and during the winter medley omgosh. and omg CAROLS, that dancer looks like Siwon LOL. She sounds more controlled in CAROLS and Winter diary too. When theres not too much mambo jambo around her. Winter diary's performance reminds me of the gorgeous aerial winter medley she did years ago for CDL too.

Actually I thought the TOKYO theme would continue for a bit. Like showing the oriental side in the opening (especially giving WARNING some oriental sounds) and showing the maid cafes culture in TOKYO too. But the other parts of the concert were rather disconnected. I simply couldnt have the Monkey God wandering into Marionette's performance omg...

Ivy was STUNNING. It was just so powerful omg. It's a dream come true to be seeing that song be performed under such a circumstance. And you could clearly hear her raspiness after the performance. I tihnk her voice wasnt in the best condition to begin with so really, no biggie for me. Especially seeing all her heart & soul during the preparation video. AYU YOU CAN SOUND SUBPAR BUT YOUR HEART AND DEDICATION ALWAYS MAKES ME RESPECT YOU AND MAKES ME THAT FAN WHICH I AM!!

Song 4 u was a conveninent swap for progress last year HAHA!! Sadly her voice wasnt in the best condition for Many Classic Moments but she really tried ><