Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Will things be better if Ayu leaves Avex?
View Single Post
Old 5th June 2013, 05:50 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jang-kun View Post
i study the science of business.

while your point is valid, there are always some exceptions though. there's namie. i thought that one point her career would end during the early 2000's, but she managed to pick up the years she lost. who knows about ayu? if she won't try then surely nothing will happen. like the lyrics of Tell All, hesitating leads to nothing.

i just wonder if the thought of dropping her label ever popped in ayu's mind. lol
Namie waited a whole new generation before she could actually come back, she actually had her time away from the spotlight before she could do a proper comeback... While Ayu still is fresh on the mind of those who believe she is old and uncool, and there's no marketing strategy to make people that are already hating on her to suddenly love her and give her tons of sales. As we are dealing with an artist, not an everyday product, things are a lot harder than just getting the right song or the right package, people need to identify with her in order to buy her, and one generation never identifies with the same things the past one did. You can't force aesthetics or trends on society, and Ayu is the past trend and the past aesthetic... There's no artist out there that actually could get decades and decades on the top, and the first decade after the end of the peak is almost always problematic.

She got pretty good tie-ins (and still get some from times to times), what is surprising considering she is considered a bad person to use as a spokeperson on the few past years, her material is highlightened at stores and she released songs following musical trends. People over here seen to believe releasing a physical cd with 2 new tracks will magically make her album sales go sky high, while people like Utada, Namie, Kana Nishino and even Koda Kumi got a lot of million seller digital hits without billion seller physical stuff. People keep saying that changing labels may make things happen... And again I ask, how so?

I don't particulary like Avex, actually, considering what they did to Ayu during her peak, I dislike them... But I can't see what they could be doing that other label would. More tie-ins? It's not like they can force her songs on stuff if the companies don't want it. More TV? This probably has a lot more to do with her than it has with Avex, and it's not like Namie does a lot of TV either (when was her last appearence? While promoting Break it?)

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 5th June 2013 at 05:57 AM.