Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] 2020 FNS Kayousai
Thread: [News] 2020 FNS Kayousai
View Single Post
Old 7th December 2020, 03:44 PM
poker face Initiate

Hm, I totally understand how ballad performances may come as louder than usual since the instruments are gentler and allows her voice to be more powerful. I would not call that screaming though.
The note Chris85 mentions "sonna koto o tsutaeyō kana..." is a transition one so it comes out seemingly powerful than the one that follows it.
As a musician myself, I try to listen to a performance with the emotion in mind. How is she conveying that emotion? Does it reach me? In this performance it reached me without hearing any screaming or forceful notes.

It clearly is a subjective topic since our focus and hearing may differ, but keep in mind that not every powerful sung note is screaming. I get it how comparing to some of her other years and adjusting to her new vocals may be tough, but it seems that we tend to use the term "screaming" easily when it comes to her singing, which saddens me.

I stand by my point that it is obvious she has been investing so much in her voice this year and I hope she can sing like this in front of a live audience as well.