Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - LIMITED TA Special Xmas LIVE 2020
View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2020, 05:27 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFmzk View Post
Just ran a test of this and can confirm it does in fact work as long as what you are trying to stream/record is currently live-streaming. You don't even have to do the manual recording step. You can just append -o filename if you want it to download or -r filename if you want to watch it in vlc and download simultaneously, so it would look like this for example in terminal:
(paste into the terminal without quotes) "streamlink <stream URL> best -o HamasakiAyumiXmasLive2020"

I didn't give it a file extension until after I stopped the recording. Both .ts and .mp4 worked as file extensions to play the files, but I feel like .ts was better quality (probably not actually though, they're probably exactly the same.) I tried it on a Mac in terminal.
This sounds promising but on streamlink website I found information that protected videos on youtube are not supported. I checked in VLC recording and it records streams well but it failed with streams from official channels so I am wondering if it will work. I definitely hope for it ^^

Last edited by maxikot; 23rd December 2020 at 05:30 PM.