Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.03.12
View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2021, 01:51 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
I stand by the fact that everytime Days comes on I roll my eyes. The song is a staple for her and a hit and I will never doubt that. But to me it has no ballad quality at all - it’s a flat emotion that is neither warm nor cold nor anything. It’s just annoyingly cutesy and GREEN was more the sound I expected from her age (as an artist). I left out the PV so far because it does not ruin a song for me, but it also is just a cutesy Kana Nishino cringefest. What makes me dislike Days even more is the fact, that a song like that gets to be a hit while 10 other songs that surround it deserved it much more.
first of all, your entire post is like music to my ears

there's so much I agree strongly with but I want to highlight that last part. I don't hate Days but so many of her other ballads sound much better to me, and I'm so sad/pissed that they get overshadowed by other songs. I mentioned Pray a few posts before and that is just one example out of many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
That said , as stated above, I don’t mind it in concerts and maybe compilations- but I do on mind it on Next Level.
my problem with Days in NEXT LEVEL is its placement after Pieces of SEVEN. so jarring. after a very heavy and upbeat interlude (which I love), then suddenly ...Days? I never got used to this, and since ARENA TOUR 2009 I became convinced that Rule is the one that should have followed this interlude. sadly this isn't the only time I find the listing of her songs weird.