Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 [dates announcement]
View Single Post
Old 26th March 2017, 06:54 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
And you don't count 2 Yoyogi and 2 Yokohama arena shows as Tokyo area why exactly? And it's not like she can't add Saitama Super Arena if she wants to. How many more shows do you think she needs there?
I think it's simple: it's her 20th anniversary tour, she wants to reach out to as many fans as possible, so she's adding halls this time.
That's why in a 60 date tour she is doing those very early on, because they aren't going to be available later. It's getting to be a fairly large problem for artists to find large places in Tokyo to play right now; what is available is pretty booked solid, but I think they've been trying to do better with having them being unavailable on a more rotating basis.

Sure, wanting to be able to go to more places, see more fans et cetera, I'm sure it is part of it, but the loss of income from Tokyo area shows I'm sure factors into the decision as well. 4 total Tokyo arena dates, isn't bad but also isn't near what she usually does. The last two years were exceptions, once again, because of various closures.

Many artists are doing hall tours, because it's kind of the only option right now.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/201.../#.WNdX1qK1thE

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 26th March 2017 at 07:01 AM.