Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Utada Hikaru] Finishing the Decade with a Bang in her 39th Thread
View Single Post
Old 12th September 2010, 04:35 AM
forgiveness Initiate

^none of her albums have ever sold less than a million copies in japan with the exception of ultra blue (which sold just under that). I think it's safe to say it will do well. Besides, with the announcement of her hiatus, it will probably do even better.

First Love - 7 million
Distance - 4 million
DEEP RIVER - 3 million
Single Collection Vol. 1 - 2 million
EXODUS - 1 million
ULTRA BLUE - 909,000 Thousand
HEART STATION - 1 million
This Is The One - 200,000 Thousand

Although it seems with every album the number drops, 7 to 4 to 3 to 2 to 1 million.

jeeze. is jpop stop/wiki correct? tito only sold 200,000 copies? that's horrible for hikki's standards. Exodus sold 1 million copies. I guess tito really isn't that great. :/ I knew she should have stuck to her own experimental pop rather than try and please the american audience with that "trying too hard to be mainstream" sound.

Do you believe her last Utada Hikaru album was Heart Station which came out in 2008? 2 years ago! and the first single for it was boku wa kuma which was released in 2006!! jeeze. So in a way, Heart Station started back in 2006. It's now 2010. We need another album! I can only listen to my favorite songs so many times before they get boring.

Last edited by Picaflor 7/4; 12th September 2010 at 04:47 AM.