Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread of TROUBLE
Thread: [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread of TROUBLE
View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2018, 09:48 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I'm not so sure about that. I mean, in general public opinion for Namie is extremely high and has been for a very long time. Even at her low points, her vocals, looks, music etc., were never really criticized, only her personal life. For Ayu though, she gets criticized about absolutely everything and has been held in fairly low regard publicly for many years now.

I don't think that's right at all, and I do think there are asinine reasons for it, I just don't think it's right to say that Namie went through the same thing and would likely be going through it again. The two aren't all that equatable imo.
I started to listen to jpop around the time Namie was at her lowest, and on the forums I read she was treated her like a has been that only fanatic stans cared about, desperate to sell through a growing sexualized image that should retire already. Some even started "ironically" liking her before being completely sold around the Queen of Hip hop/Play/Best Fiction eras.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)