Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood-
View Single Post
Old 27th March 2019, 10:31 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiko View Post
Also it's confusing that people say she should stop making music and take a break like Utada, but then also at the same time saying she isn't making enough music (while the last album, mini or not, isn't even a year old): she simply cannot please all her fans at the same time.
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to let you come in here and draw a false equivalency. We've suggested she should take a break from making music before she significantly slowed the breadth and frequency of her new music releases. We were saying this 9 years ago, not 9 months ago.

On the other hand, TROUBLE is literally 1 CM song from 2 years before it, 1 digital song release from the year prior, and 4 actual new songs, marketed as an original album, and from which Ayu has not just launched one, but now TWO back-to-back tours for. The last time she did this was RnRC, but that was a full-length album with 3 interludes, 12 songs (8 of which were new), two preceding singles, 8 PVs, and the second tour was a 7-day live special not a full-scale tour.

We're not asking or demanding to "please all of us at the same time", we're asking why an artist of Ayu's wholly unique caliber is walking a fine line between keeping her word and breaking it. She promised to release new music yearly, multiple times in fact. She also promised to continue performing. But she has thus far scaled a lot back, going as of now nearly THREE years without even a new 10-track album, more than FOUR years without even a promoted digital single release let alone a retail single, and within weeks of ending a tour, she's already announcing the next tour. I don't care if she wants to just step down from doing new music outside of when she feels like it, but she does owe fans a clarifying word on whether she intends to do that. That's not being demanding, it's asking her to keep the promises she made or at least clarify why things have changed and what we can expect moving forward.

Also, I'm backing Koumori on any discussion here. There is no such thing as this "Ayu defense squad" dismissive attitude toward positive opinions on AHS. I've been here for 10 years. The number of people having a nervous breakdown over just me pointing out that Ayu looked she was wearing "mom jeans" on an IG post was enough proof that even an unintentionally perceived "negative opinion" on AHS will cause the lot of you to double- and triple-up on anti-anxiety meds for two days. You've made your safe space. If you feel like a victim in it, you need to find a mirror and have that talk with yourselves, please and thank you.

-> <-