Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - LIMITED TA Special Xmas LIVE 2020
View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2020, 04:06 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Use streamlink, type in on command prompt (without quotes) "streamlink <stream URL> --best" and you can stream on VLC. Then hit record on VLC and it should be recorded to a hard drive of your choice (to set recording directory, go to Settings -> (Simple) Input / Codecs -> Files -> Record directory or filename).

https://streamlink.github.io/
Just ran a test of this and can confirm it does in fact work as long as what you are trying to stream/record is currently live-streaming. You don't even have to do the manual recording step. You can just append -o filename if you want it to download or -r filename if you want to watch it in vlc and download simultaneously, so it would look like this for example in terminal:
(paste into the terminal without quotes) "streamlink <stream URL> best -o HamasakiAyumiXmasLive2020"

I didn't give it a file extension until after I stopped the recording. Both .ts and .mp4 worked as file extensions to play the files, but I feel like .ts was better quality (probably not actually though, they're probably exactly the same.) I tried it on a Mac in terminal.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 23rd December 2020 at 04:09 AM.