Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Translation] Survivor (lyrics)
Thread: [Translation] Survivor (lyrics)
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2016, 09:54 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

I was waiting for those! I love the lyrics so much. Even if the chanting is awkward, Survivor just became my favorite song from MADE IN JAPAN. The meaning is just so strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uknow! View Post
Thank you so much for the lyrics.

I'm studying japanese since 2013. So, seeing your knowledge about japanese and your beautiful translations it gives me strength to continue studying ^^
Oh yes I agree so much! I tried to translate Summer Love for myself today and I was so frustrated when I wasn't able to understand one word or translate it correctly.

So, really thank you tenshi no hane for giving us more strength to continue our studying! Your translations are so wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
She's saying "machi" there, right? I though machi meant "town" as in something like a neighborhood, not as in a specific city i. e. Tokyo vs. LA etc.?

I learned 大都 (taito) or 大都市(daitoshi) for big cities whereas "machi" is more a smaller town. But I also think that she means Tokyo or other metropolises. Machi sounds better than taito or daitoshi in this case. I would think of it as kind of artistic license. Or maybe you can really use "machi" too.