Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Translation] W (lyrics)
Thread: [Translation] W (lyrics)
View Single Post
Old 5th August 2018, 10:43 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
IMO this feels more like "women pretend to be fragile to outsmart men" than "Ayu is a player". What also fits Sexy Little Things and the japanese society view on women as far as I remember.
Really not seeing the degenerate feminism. I had to laugh a little though.

These lyrics are very reminiscent of Sexy little things. To me, ayu in her lyrics involving women in their relationships or society is good at providing a few different perspectives on what it can be like in reality while sprinkled sometimes with very light social commentary. As opposed to wider, more complex social commentary.

For me in these lyrics, ayu is pretty much using the general not so positive ways some men have engaged with women (in the chorus particularly). It's like the idea that she has toughened herself up and made herself closer to emotionally numb after dealing with toxic relationships unsuccessfully, and now she's choosing to engage in this mindset and these behaviors herself. It's not really any sort of new or innovate concept, but that's how I first took the lyrics.

All in all though, I'm really not sure if that is how she was intending them, so I always like reading other fan perspectives.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter