Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread of TROUBLE
Thread: [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread of TROUBLE
View Single Post
Old 21st August 2018, 07:37 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriStar View Post
Well, seeing the overall first week sales compared with the first day sales: Looks like my theory that only fans bought it because of the name Ayumi Hamasaki on it was not that wrong. In my opinion, We Are the Queens is the only remarkable song in this album. A song that is already 2 years old. I would go even further and say that most of the sales came from the concert dvds in this record, and barely anyone bought it for the songs.
My guess is that the week of streaming ahead of release hurt sales, as well as the fact that it was advertised as a new "album" but only contains five tracks, of which only three are new recordings, and that there were no PVs. However, worth noting that her first week sales for TROUBLE are more than Koda's total sales for AND, which did have the full album treatment.

I love TROUBLE. I think it's the most Ayu thing we've seen from Ayu since NL/GUILTY, but looking at it from 30,000 feet, I think it would be more meaningful for her to deliver A BEST 3 with 5-7 new songs, re-recorded PVs/songs—like Namie's Finally—than focus on original material right now. Recreate some of those memorable Lumix or Panasonic or BOSS CMs, maybe do a sequel photobook to (miss)understood. Something creative and interesting and nostalgic for fans while still being fresh.

And on the plus side, if she finds she's just not that into the whole experience anymore, she can reasonably retire after a release like that and it won't feel as much like we're watching a star burn itself out bit by bit, year over year.

-> <-