Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [BTS] The 1st Thread - Welcome, first time with BTS?
View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2017, 08:37 PM
BEST Initiate

^ I second that about Fire. Not Today is almost like the spiritual successor of Fire; they're very similar in musical vibe and message.

The literal bun named Jungkook makes almost everyone fall into the rabbit hole it seems

Before BTS, I was a very casual K-pop listener. I was a fan of G-Dragon and mostly listened to BIGBANG. Then one day, I was watching BIGBANG's Loser on YouTube, and I found Danger on the sidebar. I rarely click on suggestions, but this time I did it on a whim. Needless to say, I fell in love with the song and listened on repeat for a couple of weeks. Then I binge watched Dope, We are Bulletproof Pt.2, Boy in Luv, I Need U, No More Dream...

Another week later, I decided to dig deeper and watch American Hustle Life and bangtan bombs. Then they released on stage: prologue, and then Run, and that finally sealed the deal. I fell into the rabbit hole and haven't come back

Nobody except my mom, sister, and boyfriend know about my BTS "fever," and none of my friends or coworkers are aware that my "vacation" earlier this year consisted of me flying down to Anaheim to see BTS lmao. But there's something different about this group that keeps me invested unlike any other. (Seriously, the last time I fell this deep for a group or band was like 5 years ago.)

I really hope they keep the traction they have going for them and continue to expand into the world's mindset. It's interesting seeing their growth and how my favorites are being perceived by western media and the influx of newer fans. I'm both nervous and excited for the next year. Will 2018 be their year too I wonder? I really hope so.

Last edited by susiowong; 22nd July 2017 at 08:39 PM.