Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~III~
View Single Post
Old 7th August 2018, 01:26 PM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post

I think that "party/hangout" expectation is what separates those of us who've been here for 10+ years even while we get more frustrated. Ayu is that friend of ours that we're pointing out how fewer people want to show up at the party year over year, and she's just like "KAWAII DESU~!!! Let me sing LA LA LAI x12 all over UR FACE, HUGS PEACEful LOVE again!" And we're like, "Look... Ayu... Look... Look... People are counting on you. People need you to show up just as much as you've always needed it for yourself too. So, show up, please." And then SHE goes, "O_> ... >_< ... o_9 ... <-.0>..." and then releases another "mini-album" with 2 new songs and 16 remixes, and the two new songs weren't even worth the MP3 file taking up space for more than a month or two.

For a lot of people, they show up with no expectations. Because they weren't there when the Ayu signal got installed on rooftops everywhere and we all agreed--Ayu too--that we'd be there for each other when no one else wanted to be there for us. I'd like to see that come back in some way, big or small. But the leader of our troop is Ayu. If she doesn't want it to be there, it's not going to evolve. We simply don't have the influence to bring that crucial element of Ayu without her help.

Nop,I listen to Ayu for 15 years now, trust me I had time to have huge expectations haha

(I don't know if I understand all what you said but I hope)

(I am frustrated because I can not say exactly what I want because of my poor English (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻)

So, I don't think at all that Ayu don't want to be here or doesn't care about us. That just that for a couple of years, she really opens to us, it mean's that we can see her flaws, her limit and when she's fed up or she can't doing more. She's not a machine anymore. It was hard for me too, when I realised she's not so unshakeable, or she doesn't live for us, or make "bad" choice (the 2012/2013 era was a really bad memory on my mind, and everyday I wondered, what did she will find, to make noise)

In a way we are more equal now.

she get down from her throne to mingle with the crowd, with us, that's why we see her as she is, that's why it's easier to hurt her, but that's also why I find her even more touching and heroic.

For me TROUBLE is "It's hard now, but this 5 songs are all I have for now, I put all my heart on them, don't be mad, it's me and I'm proud of it"
that's why as you said, it's so Ayu.

Well, WHAT I WANTED TO SAY (finally) I compared her with a friend, not because I don't expect nothing from her, but as a friend, I know that sometimes a one-way support, waiting for more brillant days and try to learn with the negative and enjoy the positive.
More I grow up more I in this way and more I understand her work.

But yes, she can do more and better than TROUBLE and sometimes I want to tell her off, and then kiss her cheek and tell her "you're stupid but I love you"

Last edited by Linza-mo; 7th August 2018 at 01:35 PM.