Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu at 2018 FNS Uta no Natsu Matsuri July 25th
View Single Post
Old 25th July 2018, 11:16 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiko View Post
How does she sound to you? That's so interesting, to me there's barely any difference and I don't remember when was the last time she sounded so good!
I don't think she sounded bad, just not the same. Her vocals just in general aren't as strong and her tone is different, less clear, lower key, etc. I think people would hear the difference if they watched a live of Blue Bird or Greatful Days at the time they came out immediately followed by this one.

Still really good vocals though for today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^Yeap. Or she was just stuborn.

I don't like the outfit either, IMO 2000-2003 Ayu as tacky as fuck. But in this case it only seemed like she suddenly got bloated and either insisted on the outfit or didn't have an stage outfit that fitted her to wear instead.
It does come across that way. I for one though actually love that outfit and it fit her perfectly in 02/03. I imagine this was altered to fit her body in 2018, but I don't know. Something went wrong. This has been happening A LOT though. Makes me wonder if she needs to can this seamstress or something.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 25th July 2018 at 11:19 PM.