Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - New song:『Pray for you』
View Single Post
Old 25th January 2021, 06:34 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Why would she say something like she's not as into things as she once was though? First of all, it may not be true, that's just what some people are assuming. Second of all, if it were true that would be bad for her brand and would ruffle the feathers of anyone else working with her at Avex. I'm not saying money is everything to her but it's important and it seems that she wants to keep working with Avex as even though she is releasing at a slower pace, she's still releasing things. Thirdly, I don't get why some fans feel like she has to be honest with them about how she feels about her career. She doesn't owe us any explanation of what she's feeling right now just because we have followed her for a long time and she has been honest with us about things in the past. We are not her friends, we are not her family, we are fans that have had the privilege of discovering a talented singer/songwriter. We may think we are close to her and have some sort of bond, but in reality we aren't. I'm not saying we're not important to her, but we are not close with her on the level that we can expect to know her true feelings about her career.

Also, if you have expectations of her releasing the same quality of music as she did 10+ years ago when year after year you have been more disappointed than not, that's on you and not her.

Last edited by love in music; 25th January 2021 at 06:48 PM.