Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - New album 'Love songs' & Ayu-produced single 'Dream ON' 12/22 [VIII]
View Single Post
Old 13th December 2010, 08:58 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
Omg I made a major typo..I meant to say they AREN'T really about LOVE per say...oops...only November is the more lovey wan but yet not entirely..it's like an angel looking down at her partner on earth...

And so many people are feeling like how I'm feeling for RnRC haha..not that I'm not interested in Love songs but my willpower is stronger this time (though I'm pretty sure I will freak out totally once it leaks)

N maybe someone should tell max or Ayu to do a cover album haha
I agree with you that many of the lyrics to the songs in Love songs do not explicitly portray the conventional sense of love between two people, but what I believe Ayu is trying to do here is explore the greater realms in all aspects of love through different songs.

This includes conventional love (in many of the songs on the singles), being able to encourage and love oneself (do it again), love through appreciation (Thank U), love that could be negative (sending mail), etc. On the other hand, I felt that the lyrics to a large number of the songs on R'n'RC were more focused on self-reflection.