Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.04.08 [II]
View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2021, 02:04 AM
SCAR Initiate

Do we really need to find a concept/story/secret message to enjoy a release now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
I understand people wanting and expecting more from her as we used to get a new album every year and this release is boring release BUT... people are a bit responsible for their own disappointment on this release as it has been advertised since the beginning as the greatest hits with remastered tracks.
I have to agree with this ! Some are definitely expecting a bit too much from this release (just like people who expect it to sell +100k, sorry to burst the bubble but that is not happening)

I myself was very disappointed at first that it was a 2 CDs compilation instead of 1 CD, filling this compilation with quantity instead of focusing on quality, and I do understand the disappointment as I love the original A BALLADS as well, I know what she's capable of as I follow her since 2004, but the ayu that created that album in 2003 is from the past now and we have to accept it as it is.

Remember how TROUBLE was such a huge let-down back in 2018 (advertised as an album, 5 "single quality" songs over 2 years of wait) ?
And yet people are still in denial, expecting that visionary-ayu to come back 3 years later just to get disappointed again...

This girl will retire someday, let's try to move on from the disappointment and enjoy her activity while we can
(plus, there's still time for small surprises, who knows!)

Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 2 ~sacrifice~ @ Chiba [2017/11/21]
Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 3 @ Nara [2017/12/03]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/06]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/07]
MUSIC for LIFE ~return~ @ mu-mo LIVE digital streaming [2021/07/01]