Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - New single 'オヒアの木' composed by Kazuhito Kikuchi out now!
View Single Post
Old 5th July 2020, 09:47 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Hey this is not the 50 tracks special album feat the one-eyed lady form the TV drama I was waiting for!
Okay I really didn't expect new music haha. She surprised me and all of us! I almost couldn't believe it when I saw the instagram story.

When it comes down to the song, I really like the lyrics, it's a fresh topic for her and it's a welcome change. It's lovely. I'm so happy for her.
I was worried by her voice the first minute, but it definitely went better as the song progressed. It's gentle and sweet as it should.
As other people said the arrangements are really dated and she's already been there like a hundred time. To be honest I was already bored by this kind of song coming from her 10 years ago... imagine now haha. But the thing that annoys me most is how cheap the arrangements sound. It doesn't seem to include any real instrument and it really shows. It's so flat and bland. I wish they would put more money into this special song and be more demanding... I've never understood all those orchestral type songs with fake instruments. It's a big no for me.
But at this point I'm just really glad she's finally released a new song. Even if normally I would definitely skip it to listen to something more creative, interesting, something that draws me to it.

I'll try to enjoy it more, because in the end it's a nice surprise after all those times...

Last edited by hidekirby; 5th July 2020 at 09:53 PM.