Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary ~ [III]
View Single Post
Old 8th April 2018, 12:37 PM

So I went yesterday and today. Since yesterday was my first Ayu concert, I was super happy to see her finally live after 15 years. I was a bit disappointed yesterday and went today telling myself that, since I know the show already, I can focus more on enjoying the music, instead of watching what was going on.
I was about to break into tears a few times because of how bad that concert is and because of how disappoibted I am.

The beginning with her shouting the first verses acapella were really bad. It was so bad I had to laugh.
evolution was ok and I remember being happy about A Song for xx, Mad World and ever free. But now that the excitment for my first Ayu concert was gone today, those performances were horrible. I hated them. She was running from one point of the stage to another like a scared chicken during all three songs, was constantly fake crying and throwing herself on the floor and grabing her hair in fake despair. It was embarassing to watch.
There was a time when she sang A Song for xx without lying on the floor and I don't know why that is necessary. Because she was more concerned with performing the desperate woman, she shouted the whole time and barely hit a note.
There isn't much left to say for the rest of the concert since it's pretty boring. BRILLIANTE could have been great, wouldn't she not again have faked despair.
I actually really enjoyed NEXT LEVEL, she seemed to enjoy herself and was finally not faking anything. SURREAL and Boys & Girls also were fun.

The parts I enjoyed the most were the drum, guitar and bass solo, Timmy singing the intro to BRILLIANTE (that really was great) and I also loved Micchie singing Diary. Diary was really beautiful and the only ballad performed today that was sung beautifully, with a lot of emotion in the voice and without fake crying nor despair.

I have a ticket for one of the Osaka shows. Maybe I won't go and save me the money for the trip. This show isn't worth watching.