Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~III~
View Single Post
Old 6th August 2018, 12:16 AM
Initiate

We are the QUEENS: I hadn't listened to this song in a long while so I had forgotten most of it, but I really love it. It sounds to me like it could be from one of her older eras, like around the time of GUILTY or Rock 'n' Roll Circus. I also really like the extra epic beginning, I think it all works.

æternal: This was the new song I was looking forward to the most after hearing the demos, but I was pretty disappointed with it, though I like it more after a few listens. The beginning sounds kind of unfinished and for most of the song her voice sounds like it's struggling so much. I think this could have sounded so much better if she'd sang it 'lighter' like some of her other recent midtempos and ballads. I do like the second half and bridge a lot though, and the parts where her voice goes really high. Maybe I will enjoy it in higher quality more, or a live version.

WORDS: Probably my favorite track on the album. Since it came out I really loved it and for some reason gets me emotional.

W: Reminds me of Lady Dynamite (which I like) a bit in the overall feel of the song, but I think this one, like æternal, seems like it's missing something extra in the music. I don't have any issues with her voice here, but I think the song itself could do something different. I like what I think is the piano in the background on the second verse. It feels so short too, but I do enjoy it.

The way I am: I like it, but it's definitely a grower for me. Doesn't stand out much against some of her other ballads, but the lyrics are good and her voice sounds better than in æternal.

I get the feeling with the new songs on this album, that I like them a lot more after like the first minute and a half or so. I don't know what it is about the beginnings of these, but they just feel so empty. I'm hoping I will like them more live or in better quality. Overall, I think this is an OK album, but not really strong enough for a 20th anniversary release, or even as a mini album honestly. I think they would suit a full length album better, but I'm still looking forward to what she'll release next.