Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Thoughts on PCDL '08-'09
View Single Post
Old 4th January 2009, 01:43 PM
count down Initiate

Most of the main concert are available in youtube now actually... and I've watched from the start to End of the World. Well most of it sounds very live to me; and mind you I'm watching the high quality versions so I would say most of it would be in sync.

I'm so darned impressed with GREEN! The dance... the stage presence and all that... just spells EPIC to me. And Ayu is FIERCE in End of the World! And Fairy Ayu in ANGEL'S SONG was actually kind of adorable... only the wings. That furry coat thingy was repulsive.

Okay, now I don't want to bring up the lip sync situation... but there's this kind of question that I have. In ANGEL'S SONG, she definitely mouthed the wrong word at the end of the first chorus (mita/motsu)... but after that in the second chorus, when it was supposed to be 'watashi wa', she actually sang 'watashi ni'! Cos I could hear Peco going 'watashi wa' but Ayu was going 'watashi ni'. If it was honestly lip-synced then I don't know why she would make that mistake in the second chorus. But again it's just really obvious and in-your-face about the lip-syncing in the first chorus... argh this is confusing so I'll go back to enjoying the concert and how gorgeous she looks! ^^

P.S: I feel kind of sorry about the GREEN performance actually... the dances and flippings here and there would definitely have a stronger impact if they were done faster, which I suppose was the original plan, but they had to slow it down and made gentler movements, especially when they were touchy with Ayu's right hand.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO