Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Critique: 23rd Monster
View Single Post
Old 29th April 2021, 06:05 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by koumori View Post
Thank you for giving this a name, since I've been feeling like this too but didn't really know how to summarise it. I think I'd say around A ONE had this shift, but definitely since TROUBLE I would say this is the case. I still enjoy tracks from these eras, but it's definitely different. I feel Haru yo, koi is the song with the most love and production put into it since 2018 and the fact she spoke on that process so happily confirmed this for me.

As a note to anyone reading, I don't think Ayu is a bad artist because I feel this way, it's just something I've personally noted on her work too. The reasoning behind creating her music has definitely changed since Colours imo. It's why her TA entry this year was so significant to me.
I do believe her hearing issues will affect how much she can actually freshen her sound in the future, as she would need new references and that would require her to, well, listen to new stuff.

Unless she hands that to someone else and hopes that person will now to reflect her accuratelly, there's not much that can be done.

I did enjoy Dreamed a Dream and 23rd Monster, but I completelly agree there's nothing new about any of those, something that has been an inssue since Colours, maybe.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)