Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu is now on Spotify
View Single Post
Old 15th January 2017, 09:16 PM
forgiveness Initiate

We still have books and newspapers even though they come digitally now. We still have newly produced vinyls because people still listen and buy them. So no I don't think streaming sites kills the CD industry. So people can chill, it won't happen. And even if it did I would cheer them on because if we have digital choices in this modern world let's use our evolved technique instead of producing more material things that the world can't break down naturally (see plastic as biggest blame factor). Artists and groups still get their support from fans, they still earn money, they get better promotion and their fanbase usually grows when available on streaming sites. So it's actually a win-win. Look at K-pop - being up on Spotify for years and FINALLY J-pop understands and follows the trend.

And how great isn't it that people actually choses to spend money on sites like Netflix/Spotify instead of illegally download and in no way at all support their idol. It's a great thing that movie and music industry listens to what people want and offer these kind of services that streaming is. Thank you!

And I btw, are one of those crazy collectors that have all Ayu's albums (-some remix albums), all singles e.t.c so I totally understand the emotional value. And I will always support Ayu in both physical CD's, going to concerts and using streaming services. But not everyone can or want to. Totally fine. I'm happy Avex understands that Spotify is great for them and their artists and taking this move into the future instead of fighting against it (because that's loosing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
I don't really need streaming services.
I did use Apple Music for a while, and while it is convenient having so much to discover and stream being on the way, my mobile internet just isn't enough to use it for a long time. And if I want to use it more, it gets quite expensive with mobile internet. And for using it at home I don't need it anyway. Besides, new material of Japanese artists always need a lot of time getting uploaded.
So I cancelled my account again and just bought a bigger card for my mobile phone. Like that I have all my favourite music with me.
You can listen to Spotify even if you're offline you know.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.

Last edited by MissElin_; 15th January 2017 at 09:33 PM.