Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] LOVEppears / appears -20th Anniversary Edition-
View Single Post
Old 21st November 2019, 03:01 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionfactory View Post
So I compared WHATEVER (Ferry 'System F' Corsten vocal extended mix) from Disc 3 to the original appears single version and it does sounds different a.k.a. remastered

I have a theory that Disc 3 is remastered and Disc 4 isn't (I don't have ayu's whole lossless discography to compare the rest so it's just a theory)
Cause I took appears (HAL's Progress) from Disc 4 and compared it to A BALLADS and sounds exactly the same
I also took appears (Junior's Club Mix) from Disc 4and compared it to Far away and sounds exactly the same even the same lenght

Can anyone confirm?
to me, it seems either (1) the contents of DISC 4 were not remastered at all; or (2) the remaster of DISC 4 is not to the same extent as/much more subtle than that of DISCs 1–3.

on DISC 4, the HΛL's Progress version sounds identical (for my amateur ears) to the version in A BALLADS. same thing goes with the Acoustic Version—it sounds identical to the version we have in ayu-mi-x II.