Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~III~
View Single Post
Old 9th August 2018, 04:42 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dez0424 View Post
2. They knew this "album" won't sell as much as last time, and yet they put in so much production cost in manufacturing a BOX and printing photo cards, which are exclusive to the DVD/Bluray version only purchasable from Mu-mo/TA. How are they going to expect the general population to buy the profitable version if they aren't placing them in stores and online? I can't understand this sales strategy.

3. The whole album is available on streaming before the physical release. It is understandable to push steaming subscriptions (which according to IFPI's 2017 report, subscription sales now takes up the biggest slice of the pie, and digital purchase also out run physical sales), so why care to manufacture 4 versions in the first place? If people were to be satisfied by streaming the songs, why not make the profitable physical version more accessible?
Because only her core fanbase are really interested in those stuff and distribute to all physical stores are expensive, so it's actually pretty wise to to that.

Quote:
4. They're keeping up with the pace of SNS promotion, but their methods are so old-fashioned. What is so special and flattering of watching ayu doing her pretentious stunt of "listening to a mysterious new song on her phone and walking back and forth" when the song was already "leaked" on streaming days before that video
Actually, when she uploaded that video, we didn't hear the version with vocals yet, only instrumental. So IMO it was really cool she teased people through SNS with a low quality preview, preparing us for the demo with vocals and attracting listeners to streaming services.

Quote:
Btw, how much longer could ayu make a living for her band and dancers?
According to the concert ranking from 2017. She had 205k attendees with 43 shows.
V6 as a comparison, they took 260k attendees with 21 shows.
That's half the manpower for the same outcome.
The team really needs to consider new gimmicks apart from "hey we did a lot of shows".
How could they feel contented with 38 shows at pitiful Halls across the country with the cost of transportation,
instead of doing just 5 shows at a few arenas which would draw the same amount of income?
Well, even with young artists, touring is the main source of money. The second one, if they are composers, are royalties. She's around there for 20 years, I think it's very hard to rely her profit on physical sales, specially when they're decreasing like that.

I'm not saying her marketing team is superb, but for me it's the first time they are using contemporary strategies to promote her and I don't it's so messy how people are picturing here.

P.S.: yes, physical market is still strong in Japan, but most of these sales are a) best-of compilations (Japanese people love it) b) idol groups. So, I guess the future for soloists is investing efforts in digital platforms, 'cause they're growing in Japan.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 9th August 2018 at 04:47 PM.