Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.04.08 [II]
View Single Post
Old 21st February 2021, 10:20 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
I understand people wanting and expecting more from her as we used to get a new album every year and this release is boring release BUT... people are a bit responsible for their own disappointment on this release as it has been advertised since the beginning as the greatest hits with remastered tracks. Even if they called it ''A Ballads 2'' the description they gave us was exactly ''A Summer Best ~Winter Version~''.

Now for the cover... well, this is how she looks now, she is a Diva in her 40's who had a lot of plastic surgery, but she still looks stunning in my opinion. When she was younger and in her prime, she could try edgy stuff and break trends, but in the past years, we all witnessed that every time she tried to get out of the mold she has been conceived, she gets bad press and harsh critique. I am pretty sure if she had tried to re-create the Original A Ballad concept where she poses caressing herself, the Japanese would have called her too old to do that and it backfired her. This covers looks pretty much like all those aging Japanese singers who release greatest hits (Classic and elegant beauty shots) And I think her team knows that it is what the Japanese people want to see of her now.

So, yeah, they could have re-recorded the songs, make new arrangements, include unreleased concerts, but it was never intended that way. people created hope and dreams and got upset because they realized they are not the reality.
THANK YOU!

As for me, I didn't had any hopes. Ayu told us, we'll get a compilation album called A BALLADS 2. Arranged with 30 tracks in total. I wasn't expecting much. I just hoped for my faves songs. So 9 of 10 were really good tracks. Can't wait for the other tracks.
And for the cover, I don't really thought about it. Why? Because with her pregnant belly ayu wouldn't shoot a whole body shoot. I was expecting a beauty shoot like this. The colours are perfect. Most of the fans are forgetting, that ayu grew up. She isn't in her 20s anymore where she could do things like A BALLADS. She's a grown up woman after all. She is a mother of 2 (maybe baby #2 is there maybe not). And she's not Kumi to try crazy things.

Ayumi Hamasaki
[17/17] Albums [6/6] Minialbums [50/53] Singles