Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.04.08 [II]
View Single Post
Old 21st February 2021, 10:36 PM
Because of You Initiate

^^ you two nailed thinking like Japanese lol

Ayu has left the "I care what people say" train long ago, plus she hasn't had any interest from general public for YEARS now, otherwise she wouldn't have done stuff that she did. I don't think the "image" is the problem here, i mean it just makes sense to do something simple, cuz it's easy, plus majority of them don't even get printed nowadays. To add to that just because she hit 40, doesn't mean she can't have creative covers anymore. You can be mature and still do it cleverly. Just because she "grew up" doesn't mean she needs to get borring. Do people forget her dancing like a sex kitten on stage like a year or two ago? Being a mom doesn't kill the fact that you are a woman and can have a classy sex appeal...She doesn't need to be Kumi (although i don't know what's wrong with her being the way she is and being a mom), she's doing pretty well being a mature woman and having a pretty healthy and nicely portrayed sex appeal where it works.
I personally didn't even think about the whole twin thing for this, i forgot about it, but it can be done in SO many ways to play tribute to the original cover if she wanted to do it.
My point is it's all just speculation why she doesn't do things that we think she could do, it's just putting our own perspective and thinking on her. We are never going to. For all we know it could just be Avex saving up on money due to the whole virus thing and not wanting to do anything flashy that's not gonna pay off later, or just putting money into other stuff instead.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 21st February 2021 at 10:43 PM.