Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2019ー2020 A (II)
View Single Post
Old 20th December 2019, 12:24 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
^Power of A^3 was held at Saitama super arena, which is big, and didn’t have the band but that gospel chorus lol
I mean, I’d probably enjoy an Ayu show without band as well, as I have enjoyed Namie’s, but I’d be really really upset. For me the live band is one of the reasons (if not the main) for a live show to be great.
I feel the same way. I went to JTB part 3 and while I did enjoy the show, it felt incomplete, and I actually was kind of upset when I found out there was no band. I did appreciate that they took the time to record “live” backing tracks so it wasn’t just her singing to the cd instrumentals, but I felt like I’d much rather have had the band and no dancers. It was still an enjoyable show, it just bothered me the band wasn’t there because it’s kind of essential for a live show in my opinion.

In contrast to jtb3, POM20 had the band plus the string section and it just had a more live vibe to it. The band and Ayu were interacting, playing fills and stuff...I really enjoyed seeing that one. Whatever disappointment I had with Ayu’s vocals (though I recall her sounding OK most of the show I went to), the band kind of made up for it. Honestly, TROUBLE tour didn’t really appeal to me. I wasn’t a fan of a large part of the setlist. I still probably would have had a good time if I went and saw it in person, but not having the band just kind of diminishes the appeal for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfy01 View Post
^You're correct, and I can't help but feel A^3 was something different, like a quirky, one-of experiment.

I don't know. I feel CDL is something we can always depend on to be the same formula. I'll eat my hat if the band isn't there.
You could very well be correct. Didn’t she have the band there for the New Year’s Eve show of jtb part 2? It just wasn’t a CDL. Also, yeah A^3 was kind of weird, but I feel like that was a budget problem. Like they said you can only have 3 out of 4 things and she had to choose between the band, the strings, bonten and the choir.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 20th December 2019 at 12:36 PM.