Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Max Matsuura's blog entry about Ayu - "Meeting ayu"
View Single Post
Old 25th June 2020, 03:45 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Wasn't FRIEND the first song Ayu wrote (if we exclude LIMIT)? It definitely was the first one she recorded but I'm not 100% sure if it's the first one she wrote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu
This is the coupling song for my debut song, “poker face”. Oh, my god, it’s so embarrassing I can’t (Laugh) contain myself (Laugh). When you listen to the album from the beginning, you can tell how different my voice is on this track. But I didn’t want to re-sing it for the album. I mean, we recorded this song even before “poker face”, so it literally was my first time doing any of this, and I really tried so hard to sing that I was nearly bursting the blood vessels in my throat. So every time I listen to this track, I remember myself back then and get all choked up and nostalgic and go “Ohh, so cute!”
But according to ASFXX's liner notes, ASFXX was the first song she did when they started working on the album itself. They started working on the album in September, so I guess it wasn't her first song, especially since she struggled with its lyrics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu
When we were making the album, this was the first track we produced. I always start off with lyrics by coming up with them in my head, and then writing them down after they’re perfectly ready. But with this song, even though I had the lyrics in my head, I couldn’t write. When I put them into words, it just became too real, and it took a long time for me to finally make that step.
Spoiler:
"Translated by the amazing evolusean, with the original provided by nmskalmn", posted on AHS by truehappiness

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 25th June 2020 at 04:09 PM.