Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood-
View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2019, 12:58 AM
still alone Initiate

I was actually thinking lately that ever since Made In Japan Ayu has been into the whole secretive mysterious approach. Made In Japan was a surprise album release and the tour had a surprise appearance from Gackt. Then she called her tour Just the beginning, a vague title for sure. Just the beginning of what we wondered? WORDS was also a bit of a surprise no? Then TROUBLE had all those mysterious tracks uploaded to Spotify and the previews uploaded on social media. She has been taking this secretive approach since 2016 and I think it's not a good long term strategy. I think fans would be a lot more understanding if she just came out and said at some point, "I will only be focusing on the stage for the time being. I currently have no plans for an upcoming album."
I would also like to add that yes it is true that many artists take years between albums, that's normal. But it is not normal for Ayu, not at all. I felt that way years ago but now that it's 2019 it's concerning. I think as fans we deserve some answers.