Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ugh, I have to say this.
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2008, 03:07 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

yeah, uh well, different things are going to offend different people.

I think that, here in the forum, it's very easy to see when someone is trying to be offensive or not. I think that, like in all aspects of life, you should pay attention more to what people mean, instead of what they say. Sometimes it's difficult, in this situation, I don't quite think so.

I think most people use it as an abbreviation. I've used it once because I was referring to something my father said and I wanted to get his tone across. Either way, it's been banned at this forum.

As for "orient" I think it's meaning, is "east", or anything referring to the "East." At least that's how we read it in literature. For me it's simply the opposite of "occidental" which is west.

It's hard for me sometimes to understand people's offense at what seems a trivial matter to me...but I guess I can understand. For some reason, I don't like being called puerto rican...though I don't really know anything about the culture or about them...I think it was just what I grew up with, it was always offensive to call a mexican "puerto rican"...and something I try to now just dismiss.

I don't know. Like someone said before, words only have power when you let them. Knowledge is the way to overcome that.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu