[L] Holding out for Love Songs! - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 12th November 2010, 10:46 PM
rainy day Initiate

Holding out for Love Songs!

So, it's been announced, we know it's coming, most of us have placed our orders. Now... we wait.

I've officially gone into my User Control Panel and and under Setting & Options I have unchecked the boxes next to Show Signatures, Show Avatars, and Show Images. So AHS is pretty bare for me now. So let us strong (and maybe crazy) ones stick together in here for moral support!

I know Christmas this year is going to be so very special when I finally open the limited edition package to unveil the cover, the artwork, the tracklist, etc, and to feel the rush when I pop that baby into my CD player (and actually then allow myself to download the album from AHS to put on my iPod) and watch the PVs as well.

So, who's with me!?
Old 13th November 2010, 04:31 AM
BLUE BIRD Protector

Man, I don't know if I can do without the covers and tracklist, but I'm going to do my damnedest to not listen to it until I have it in my hands!!!

did you imagine this kind of future?

@luckynekolady instagram

Old 13th November 2010, 05:01 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskinillusion View Post
Man, I don't know if I can do without the covers and tracklist, but I'm going to do my damnedest to not listen to it until I have it in my hands!!!
That's my early New Year's resolution xD
Old 13th November 2010, 04:48 AM
Prologue Initiate

I was fully determined to not listen to any of the singles released before the album came out so that everything would be new to me. But then I realized sadly, about a month before the announcement of Love songs, that the album might not be out till late spring or even summer. So reluctantly I downloaded the singles and watched the PVs.

Then, as a 'present' to us all, Ayu announced that the album would come much sooner than expected. Now I pretty much hate myself for giving in and spoiling it all for myself. Grrr. >.<;

日本のために祈っています - Praying for Japan

My Japanese Twitter - Follow me! ^-^

Old 13th November 2010, 04:52 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
I was fully determined to not listen to any of the singles released before the album came out so that everything would be new to me. But then I realized sadly, about a month before the announcement of Love songs, that the album might not be out till late spring or even summer. So reluctantly I downloaded the singles and watched the PVs.

Then, as a 'present' to us all, Ayu announced that the album would come much sooner than expected. Now I pretty much hate myself for giving in and spoiling it all for myself. Grrr. >.<;
Well I was planning on holding out too but someone recommended I listen to them all as the "singles project" was meant as a trilogy to go with one another and such. Yeah, real big connection they had... (not). But I'm glad I listened to them because at first I wasn't so happy with some of the songs but I love a lot of them now (MOON and Virgin Road have not grown on me at all though). But I am glad I listened to them or I would have been like "EW THIS ALBUM SUCKS!" when it first came out. But my expectations are under control now.
Old 13th November 2010, 04:59 AM
Prologue Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by all.night.raver View Post
Well I was planning on holding out too but someone recommended I listen to them all as the "singles project" was meant as a trilogy to go with one another and such. Yeah, real big connection they had... (not). But I'm glad I listened to them because at first I wasn't so happy with some of the songs but I love a lot of them now (MOON and Virgin Road have not grown on me at all though). But I am glad I listened to them or I would have been like "EW THIS ALBUM SUCKS!" when it first came out. But my expectations are under control now.
That is true. I wasn't completely sold on any of the songs at first listen, in fact with Ayu songs it's rarely the case when I actually am. I suppose it's nice to know that I'll like most of the album to start with, and the newer songs will probably grow on me with time if I don't like them at first.

I like the idea about not finding out the covers until you get the album. Unfortunately, I don't really have the money on hand to actually order the album right now, so I asked for it as a (probably late) Christmas gift. I'm not sure if I'll actually get the album or not, since I also asked for last year's Countdown DVD to watch on New Year's this year. I don't know if it's a good idea to hold out and just hope that I'll get the album for Christmas, or to give in to my temptation to find out the second the covers are revealed. -shrug-

/ramble

Old 13th November 2010, 05:02 AM
rainy day Initiate

^ Yeah, when did you become a fan? I became a fan after hearing Depend on you, and then getting LOVEppears for Christmas once but when I discovered her, she was just about releasing Moments. So I watched those singles leading up to MY STORY and I loved everything right off the bat (minus Carols - it had to grow on me). The album tracks were freaking BOMB!

But I really do miss the days when I literally loved everything from the minute I hit play. Lately it's been more "oh this is good" but rarely "OH THIS IS LOVE!" - although I have those moments every now and then but not as often as I used to.
Old 13th November 2010, 06:17 AM
Initiate

Quote:
^ Yeah, when did you become a fan? I became a fan after hearing Depend on you, and then getting LOVEppears for Christmas once but when I discovered her, she was just about releasing Moments. So I watched those singles leading up to MY STORY and I loved everything right off the bat (minus Carols - it had to grow on me). The album tracks were freaking BOMB!

But I really do miss the days when I literally loved everything from the minute I hit play. Lately it's been more "oh this is good" but rarely "OH THIS IS LOVE!" - although I have those moments every now and then but not as often as I used to.
The moment I heard GAME, that's when I was hooked. Though it was around the release of Secret, which was the first full album I listened to. I thought it was the best thing in the world, heh.

Now that I've listened to everything, I can say that there are gems all over her discography.

And hey, there's always something ahead. So if you don't like what is most recent, there's a chance that the next thing will blow you away

Last edited by Melodie; 13th November 2010 at 06:20 AM.
Old 13th November 2010, 05:04 AM
count down Initiate

I'm a little brat with 0 self-control & self-discipline, so you guys... go ahead

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 13th November 2010, 05:06 AM
rainy day Initiate

I would like someone to let me know though if one of the songs released is a winter ballad. I'd like to enjoy that during the winter holiday month and not discover it on Christmas day when Christmas is pretty much over. So if she releases something like Days or JEWEL or No way to say or momentum or Together When... - please someone be my lookout for me and agree to PM me the link? Just for that one song? Thanks!
Old 13th November 2010, 05:06 AM
Prologue Initiate

^ I've been a fan since around 2004 (I think) but at the time I didn't really know how to keep track of her newest releases and such as I was pretty new to the whole Jpop world and didn't know where to find that kind of info. I remember falling in love with individual songs like Trauma and Dearest, then I think my first full album of hers might have been (miss)understood, which I loved all of immediately. Since then, I've at least -liked- everything she's done, but let's just say there are some that didn't sit with me as well as others -coughGUILTYcough-

To be fair, there's always at least one song on each album that I adore and keep coming back to. It's just a matter of whether or not the album is chock full of stuff like that. I really hope Love songs is one of those albums. :/

Old 13th November 2010, 05:09 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
^ I've been a fan since around 2004 (I think) but at the time I didn't really know how to keep track of her newest releases and such as I was pretty new to the whole Jpop world and didn't know where to find that kind of info. I remember falling in love with individual songs like Trauma and Dearest, then I think my first full album of hers might have been (miss)understood, which I loved all of immediately. Since then, I've at least -liked- everything she's done, but let's just say there are some that didn't sit with me as well as others -coughGUILTYcough-

To be fair, there's always at least one song on each album that I adore and keep coming back to. It's just a matter of whether or not the album is chock full of stuff like that. I really hope Love songs is one of those albums. :/
I hear you there! I hope so too but hope and high expectations is really what can destroy stuff for me (R'n'R Circus was the biggest letdown). So I'm trying to keep those feelings to a minimum and keep everything a mystery so I can't build up images of what I think (and hope) the album will be.
Old 13th November 2010, 05:13 AM
Prologue Initiate

Quote:
I hear you there! I hope so too but hope and high expectations is really what can destroy stuff for me (R'n'R Circus was the biggest letdown). So I'm trying to keep those feelings to a minimum and keep everything a mystery so I can't build up images of what I think (and hope) the album will be.
I know whatcha mean about RnRC. There's some really good songs on there, but Next Level was so awesome that it was sort of hard to top that, in my opinion. Some of the stuff off RnRC was just plain forgettable and that bothered me. What I'm afraid of is what everyone's been saying - that she's going to stuff this album full of pretty, but ultimately boring, ballads. While that might be fitting for winter, it won't please everybody. That's why I don't know whether or not I'm gonna hold out on everything... I don't want to get my hopes up.

Old 13th November 2010, 05:16 AM
Over Initiate

I will allow myself into look at the covers and the tracklist, but the music most definitely NOT until I receive my copy. Because to me, tracklist and covers are just 20% of the whole anticipating a new album for me and music is the most important thing for me, so I want to make that part the most special! That, and PV leaks, so when it gets closer to the release date I'll be switching off images too!

honto no watashi wo anata wa wakaranai

Old 13th November 2010, 05:19 AM
rainy day Initiate

I don't think it will all be ballads because with Ayu it seems, whatever you're expecting or it seems to be - it's the opposite. Lol.

But yeah, R'n'R to me was like "how many of these songs after hearing do I really think 'THIS IS GREAT! I AM GLAD SHE MADE THIS AND I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT,' ?" - the answer to that at first was one: Microphone. Lol.

But yeah, waiting can build expectations but if I stray from images of PVs, song descriptions, user comments and such - I should be good. The images from the R'n'R PVs really killed it for me I believe. I had each song pinned with what I thought it was going to be and it wasn't anything like what I thought and hoped in the end.

I wish one person would wait for everything with me though! Lol.
Old 13th November 2010, 05:22 AM
Prologue Initiate

^ Ha as it stands I'll probably end up doing that. If you want we can make a pact to take a stand against the premature viewing of any Love songs material until we officially own it! D:

That is, if I ever get to own it. -_-;

Old 13th November 2010, 05:25 AM
rainy day Initiate

^ Oh idk if we should make a pact - I don't wanna hold you accountable if you don't get the album on Christmas or as a present. But maybe if you don't and you crack after that then I will understand, ha ha.
Old 13th November 2010, 05:29 AM
Prologue Initiate

Ha I don't mean like a deathly blood pact to which I'll be held forever lest I spend the rest of my days in some sort of Ayu-traitor prison. I guess I just mean I'll try to do the same as you, because it sounds like a fun idea, and I guess in a way I was meaning to do it to begin with until I gave in and listened to the singles. :3

Old 13th November 2010, 05:43 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Ha I don't mean like a deathly blood pact to which I'll be held forever lest I spend the rest of my days in some sort of Ayu-traitor prison. I guess I just mean I'll try to do the same as you, because it sounds like a fun idea, and I guess in a way I was meaning to do it to begin with until I gave in and listened to the singles. :3
hahaha!
Alright, well pact it is then!
Old 13th November 2010, 06:53 AM
Love song H-Initiate

I want to try! It will be really cool to see covers only when you recieved CD
I need to avoid news section of this forum and close facebook gadget

I'm sure it will be quite easy for me. Ayu released crossroad and L not so far ago, I'm still listen them. And RnRC still new album for me.

Last edited by Aderianu; 13th November 2010 at 06:58 AM.