Questions about sales - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 29th June 2008, 07:29 PM
AyuHamasaki01 AyuHamasaki01 is offline
November Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 21,799
Questions about sales

Hi there!


I don't know if this has been asked before, if it is, then I'm sorry.
Since you all wonder what my questions are:

1) What is Ayu's highest selling single?
2) What is her lowest selling single?
3) What's Ayu's highest selling album?
4) and last (yes, yes) what is her lowest selling album?

(Don't count the NOTHING from NOTHING era in ) XD.

THANKS in advance.
__________________

































| Set by me |


I love Stargate SG-1 even more now! Cuz in episode 9x12 there was a person called
Dr. Amuro

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 29th June 2008, 07:33 PM
~ayu-cake~
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
1) 'A'
2) poker face (I think)
3) Duty
4) I guess it would be GUILTY?

I believe these are all right
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30th June 2008, 02:17 AM
KarenPang's Avatar
KarenPang KarenPang is offline
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: #1 BREAKERZ fan in Singapore ♥
Posts: 109,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuHamasaki01 View Post
Hi there!


I don't know if this has been asked before, if it is, then I'm sorry.
Since you all wonder what my questions are:

1) What is Ayu's highest selling single?
2) What is her lowest selling single?
3) What's Ayu's highest selling album?
4) and last (yes, yes) what is her lowest selling album?

(Don't count the NOTHING from NOTHING era in ) XD.

THANKS in advance.
if you're talking about in Japan alone Kris it will be :

1) A
2) poker face
3) Duty (for best album it's A BEST)
4) GUILTY
__________________



Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | 8th album Bintage (Now on sale) ♥


My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30th June 2008, 09:09 AM
~ayu-cake~
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
^ Isn't that exactly what I put?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30th June 2008, 10:05 AM
AyuHamasaki01 AyuHamasaki01 is offline
November Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 21,799
Duty the highest selling? I always thought it was MY STORY.

XD.
__________________

































| Set by me |


I love Stargate SG-1 even more now! Cuz in episode 9x12 there was a person called
Dr. Amuro

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30th June 2008, 10:50 AM
~ayu-cake~
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Yup, Duty was at the height of her popularity.
MY STORY was when her sales started slowly declining.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30th June 2008, 11:58 AM
Deneb Deneb is offline
Daybreak Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,673
if you count the non regular/remix singles/album

2: The Other Side One: Hex Hector
4: Ayu-mi-x 6 -SILVER-
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 30th June 2008, 12:43 PM
KarenPang's Avatar
KarenPang KarenPang is offline
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: #1 BREAKERZ fan in Singapore ♥
Posts: 109,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuHamasaki01 View Post
Duty the highest selling? I always thought it was MY STORY.

XD.
lol

nah Kris Duty's her highet selling album in Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayu-cake~ View Post
Yup, Duty was at the height of her popularity.
MY STORY was when her sales started slowly declining.
eh

I thought it's from RAINBOW onwards since the last album that ayumi managed to sell over 2 million copies of in Japan was I am ...
__________________



Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | 8th album Bintage (Now on sale) ♥


My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 30th June 2008, 12:55 PM
~ayu-cake~
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I see MY STORY as the mark of her truly declining in Japanese sales, as it was the last album to achieve a million sales.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 30th June 2008, 01:05 PM
KarenPang's Avatar
KarenPang KarenPang is offline
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: #1 BREAKERZ fan in Singapore ♥
Posts: 109,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayu-cake~ View Post
I see MY STORY as the mark of her truly declining in Japanese sales, as it was the last album to achieve a million sales.
ah ok I see where you're coming from now
__________________



Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | 8th album Bintage (Now on sale) ♥


My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 30th June 2008, 07:22 PM
apple-pi's Avatar
apple-pi apple-pi is offline
Naturally Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: it's a mystery, Betty ☆ nobody knows.
Posts: 2,462
I've been wondering about this for a while, did I am... sell more than Duty counting overseas sales?
__________________

「 チャレンジは馬鹿げたこと リスク 回避するように
愚かな計算して何を守るの?
」


my graphics shop >> here! <<
last.fm | facebook | twitter

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 30th June 2008, 08:12 PM
AyuHamasaki01 AyuHamasaki01 is offline
November Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 21,799
^

Duty
Total Sales: 2,904,420 (Oricon)
Total Sales: 3,000,000 (Avex)
Total Sales: 3,500,000 (Asia)

I am...
Total Sales: 2,308,112 (Japan)
Total Sales: 3,000,000 (Avex)
Total Sales: 4,000,000 (Asia)

information: wiki.theppn.org
__________________

































| Set by me |


I love Stargate SG-1 even more now! Cuz in episode 9x12 there was a person called
Dr. Amuro

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 30th June 2008, 08:42 PM
truehappiness's Avatar
truehappiness truehappiness is offline
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 35,493
Those Asian sales are rumors that were touted as fact.

I don't know why people think they're true since the supposed source has nothing about overseas sales.

@ the original page
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilayu View Post
I'm tagging this as rumor for now. There's absolutely no confirmation of those numbers in the link.

Last edited by truehappiness; 30th June 2008 at 08:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 30th June 2008, 10:08 PM
apple-pi's Avatar
apple-pi apple-pi is offline
Naturally Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: it's a mystery, Betty ☆ nobody knows.
Posts: 2,462
So Ayu's overseas sales were never made public? Not even for the older albums?
__________________

「 チャレンジは馬鹿げたこと リスク 回避するように
愚かな計算して何を守るの?
」


my graphics shop >> here! <<
last.fm | facebook | twitter

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 1st July 2008, 02:36 AM
KarenPang's Avatar
KarenPang KarenPang is offline
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: #1 BREAKERZ fan in Singapore ♥
Posts: 109,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple-pi View Post
So Ayu's overseas sales were never made public? Not even for the older albums?
no

in fact sales of whatever she sold outside of Japan were not revealed by Avex
__________________



Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | 8th album Bintage (Now on sale) ♥


My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 1st July 2008, 09:20 AM
AyuHamasaki01 AyuHamasaki01 is offline
November Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 21,799
Then we should sue wiki.theppn.org

EDIT: Secret initiate because of this post (^_^)
__________________

































| Set by me |


I love Stargate SG-1 even more now! Cuz in episode 9x12 there was a person called
Dr. Amuro

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 1st July 2008, 11:28 AM
KarenPang's Avatar
KarenPang KarenPang is offline
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: #1 BREAKERZ fan in Singapore ♥
Posts: 109,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuHamasaki01 View Post
Then we should sue wiki.theppn.org

EDIT: Secret initiate because of this post (^_^)
haha yeah
__________________



Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | 8th album Bintage (Now on sale) ♥


My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 1st July 2008, 05:04 PM
TITANIC's Avatar
TITANIC TITANIC is offline
BRILLANTE Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 23,396
1) What is Ayu's highest selling single? A = 1.670.000
2) What is her lowest selling single? Poker face = 43,150
3) What's Ayu's highest selling album? A BEST = 4,295,353
4) and last (yes, yes) what is her lowest selling album? GUILTY = 568,288
A yearly rank #3
A BEST yearly rank #2
if you wanna know for DVD live
highest 101,294 A museum ~30th single collection live~
lowest arena tour 2002-2003
__________________
SPEED
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 1st July 2008, 06:03 PM
apple-pi's Avatar
apple-pi apple-pi is offline
Naturally Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: it's a mystery, Betty ☆ nobody knows.
Posts: 2,462
^Wow, thanks for the info~
I had no idea A MUSEUM was her best selling DVD
__________________

「 チャレンジは馬鹿げたこと リスク 回避するように
愚かな計算して何を守るの?
」


my graphics shop >> here! <<
last.fm | facebook | twitter

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 1st July 2008, 06:40 PM
Zemus Zemus is offline
Fly high Protector

 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 5,474
No, no. Dome Tour 2001 sold more.

DT2001 - 132,554
MUSEUM - 101,294

Can't remember where these "stats" came from though, I believe truehappiness posted them awhile back.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.