Question about song titles for Japanese geeks :D - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 4th November 2013, 09:21 PM
J0nB0yH88 J0nB0yH88 is offline
YOU Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 115
Question Question about song titles for Japanese geeks :D

Hey fellow ayu fans!

Right, so I'm doing a paper on languages, and I have chosen to base mine on various song titles, so for my Japanese section I'm covering my favourite ayu!

I just have a couple of questions, I've noticed she uses various different symbols for subtitles, for example looking at her album GUILTY we have:

'(don't) Leave me alone' using brackets or parenthesis as part of the actual song title

'Marionette -prelude-' using either hyphens or dashes as extra info about the song that isn't really part of the title

and

'untitled ~for her~' using wave dash (yes I don't have them on my keyboard lol) to mark off subtitles

Just wondering if anyone can confirm the uses of these symbols, and if anyone can tell me the proper symbol used for '-prelude-', I've seen it many times in titles such as 'A Best -Black-', are these hyphens? dashes? en/em dashes? ...I tried copying and pasting the symbols from the internet but so far everyone uses keyboard cheat 'hyphen-minus' which isn't really grammar.

If anyone could give any info it'd be much appreciated

thanks
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.